Friday, March 09, 2007

Reds...


Don't let a stack of pretty fabrics paralyze you... sometimes it is hard to decide exactly what to do. Well, first things first - pick a pattern, pick colors, start cutting. I was in no mood to do the 1st two things on that list, but I am in the mood to do some mindless chain sewing, so that forced me into action...

I went with mostly reds, a few oranges, a few pinks... when undecided about what to do - I repeat a favorite pattern. So - here is the beginnings of another Ocean Waves, not green this time, but red. Monochromatic scrappy - I love that look! It is easy too - no agonizing decisions about color choices - just grab a handful of 1 color family and make sure there are some "zingers" - a bit of contrast. I almost left out 2 of them, but decided they would really add a bit of fun to the quilt, so slice, slice!!! And up in the top corner, a little pile of scraps to add to my collection. Can't be a scrap quilter without scraps, right?

10 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

OOO I can't wait to see it grow!

Angie said...

Oh, oh, oh, I would never have thought of a red Ocean Waves! What an awesome quilt that will be -- I can't wait to see it!!! :D Red is a 'neutral', right??? LOL

Joyce said...

I totally love the colors. It will be a fantastic quilt.

Samantha said...

LOVE these colors!!

Sweet P said...

A red Ocean Waves quilt . . . yummy!

Laurie said...

Hi Evelyn,
WOW...I love this one! I can hardly wait to see the finished project!!! I just wanted to stop in and say hi!
Laurie

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's so pretty and vibrant... I love your 'just go for it' philosophy! I am eagerly looking forward to seeing more of this beautiful creation.

Darcie said...

Can't wait to see this come together, Evelyn! It's looking spectacular already.

Marla said...

Can't wait to see the end product. It'll be a stunner for sure.

Shelina said...

An Ocean Waves quilt would be so fun in reds. I want to make one too! I will do my best to control myself and finish up the things I have started.