I didn't use a pattern... I just sewed 4 1.5" strips together and then cut that segment into 2 matching 4 1/2" squares. Sliced those through the middle and sewed it all back together again. Set on point and alternated with solid squares, also set on point. Added a narrow border and binding.
Now that the walking foot and green thread are off my machine... I can get back to making curtains. I hate switching my machine back and forth between projects, so once I started up on this again - I made myself finish it. Phew.
After curtains - I need to get started on my fall knitting - but that is another post! I am looking forward to my knitting because after a long day on my feet I really enjoy just sitting down and relaxing with it. I've been really busy around here.