Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Doll Quilt in Progress





















I made this little top 2 weeks ago. It measures 11.5" X 15" and the finished size of the 4 patches is 2.5". I had some left over strips from my Broken Dishes top (photo in my December archives) so zipped the 4 patches together (so you might recognize the fabrics!). I got the math formula for cutting the setting triangles from Bonnie's site over at www.quiltville.com - she has the math all figured out for you if you are using a bigger squares, but I had to get the calculator out for these little guys! Her formula worked out perfectly - and believe me, I am no expert at math so it was nice to have easy access to the formula and have all my pieces fit together!

My plan is to put a skinny white "border" with cording in it - attached to a wider brown border. I don't have the cording so the top is on hold for now. My sewing machine at home even has a cording foot - so might as well put it to good use.

It will probably be sometime in April before you see a photo of the finished project and I will let you know then how the cording thing worked out! In anycase - it is a good sized project for an experiment!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Samantha said...

cute teeny quilt! what will you do with it when done?

Jeanne said...

What a fun little project! I do recognize that lovely soft blue from your earlier quilt -- I liked it then, too :)

Inga said...

What a lovely doll quilt! Is there a little doll momma who will receive it?

Inga

Cathi said...

Very cute quilt! I have a little doll bed here if you need a recipient, LOL!! With a big family, I bet this one will have a willing dolly mama to take it off your hands... Or, is there something you haven't told us? Hopes for a baby girl in the near future? :-)

Patti said...

I love little quilts - and four patches are perfect for making them while using up scraps. I hope you know a little girl you can give it to. Or a little boy with a boy doll that needs to keep warm!

Passionate Quilter said...

what a darling little quilt, now it need someone to love :)

Granny said...

What a cute little quilt.

Judy L.

Vicky said...

That's a nice little quilt! I made one for my boss' daughter - she sent me a painting and I used her design to make a "baby doll" quilt. She told me her doll was cold in the basement playroom. Who can resist that from a cute 5 year old? LOL

Lucy said...

This is so LOVELY !! great to make a mini hè :c)

Debra Dee said...

Just darling. I think your color choice is so perfect for this little quilt.