Tuesday, February 21, 2006
Doll Quilt in Progress
I made this little top 2 weeks ago. It measures 11.5" X 15" and the finished size of the 4 patches is 2.5". I had some left over strips from my Broken Dishes top (photo in my December archives) so zipped the 4 patches together (so you might recognize the fabrics!). I got the math formula for cutting the setting triangles from Bonnie's site over at www.quiltville.com - she has the math all figured out for you if you are using a bigger squares, but I had to get the calculator out for these little guys! Her formula worked out perfectly - and believe me, I am no expert at math so it was nice to have easy access to the formula and have all my pieces fit together!
My plan is to put a skinny white "border" with cording in it - attached to a wider brown border. I don't have the cording so the top is on hold for now. My sewing machine at home even has a cording foot - so might as well put it to good use.
It will probably be sometime in April before you see a photo of the finished project and I will let you know then how the cording thing worked out! In anycase - it is a good sized project for an experiment!