Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Making a Few Small Christmas Presents

I finally set-up my sewing machine for an afternoon on the dining room table.  After cutting a bunch of squares I set my sister to work sewing them together.  And we made this cute little doll quilt for one of my niece's.  It isn't finished in this photo - I need to get a piece of flannel for the back and will tie the intersecting seams with purple embroidery floss.  And you need a matching pillow for a doll quilt, right?  Except I didn't have enough of those fabrics (I used 2 fat quarters) to make a pillow so I used muslin for the center and bordered it with the print fabric - dark purple on one side, light purple on the other.  I think it is cute!
*
And since I was on a roll, I continued right on and made a few lavender sachets.  You can't see too well in this photo, but I did use a decorative stitch along the outside edge.  They are always a fun little gift to tuck into a small gift bag with a bit of tissue paper.

No comments: