Saturday, November 11, 2006

This and that...

















Yesterday Little Boy and I had a get-together with some friends and family. We both had lots of fun! The food was simple - I made deviled eggs, tuna salad with rolls, meatballs, clam chowder, pasta salad, a hot dip for crackers and a huge fruit platter. Add a bag of pretzels and my sister-in-law sent potatoe salad - we had plenty of good eats. I was pretty pleased that there was actually very little left over. And - NO sugar - which means that the kids didn't bounce off the walls, wildly out of control. Of course, they did bounce, but not with that extra sugar energy that always seems to end in tears. Everyone went home by 8:30 and I think for sure we both were sound asleep by 8:45! I have been so busy lately that I am more than happy to go to bed when he does.

On Thursday I couldn't resist the big Joanne's sale - and picked up some patterns (at $1 each it is hard to pass by!). And I got a little fabric over on the clearance shelf, which was 50% off. Plus some thread - also at 50% off. So, I have the fixings to make some American Girl dresses for Christmas presents, plus some fun scarf material. I already made up some of the scarfs and today realized that my very favorite one cost 75 cents. Cheap entertainment! I also got 2 quilting books at 50% off, but haven't had a chance to read through them yet - but there's always tomorrow! Oh, and a fabulous sewing basket, also 50% off, which I will use for my knitting. Add the 10% off coupon to entire purchase and all in all, it was a bargain filled adventure! I have to take some photos to share!

The photo - from just over a week ago... the wind was blowing a gale so I parked my car at an angle so the windshield wasn't facing into the wind and just quickly jumped out to take the photo. On a windy day - you don't want your car sitting up on top of the hill as the paint and windshield will get seriously sandblasted! And if there is one thing I hate, it has to be a sandblasted windshield because as soon as the sun shines on it - you can't see a thing! But, the photo doesn't tell that story does it? It looks so peaceful and serene!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible shopping trip! Beautiful photo.

quiltpixie said...

never would have thought of the sandblasting you'd take, but makes sense... :-)

Melanie said...

My daughter is 16 now and we got an American Girl doll catalog in the mail... We had more fun. When she was little they had girls dresses to match their doll. way too cute. Sounds like a fun shopping trip.

Susan said...

I love the coast picture. What a fun shopping trip you had! And family fun is the best kind. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. =)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day, Evelyn!

Darcie said...

Quite a fun trip to Joann's! I'd love to see your scarves!

Gorgeous picture...if only we knew, eh?!

Anonymous said...

Your shopping trip sounds like fun.

Love your coastal pictures. So pretty.