Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Octagon Flowers progress...






















You might have noticed my little list over to the side of my blog that lists my projects I'm working on... and Octagon Flowers is on that list. So - here is a photo of my progress so far - just a few more flowers to go (2 or 6 - depends how big I decide to make it)! The orange fabric I showed in my last post will be the narrow inner border and then the outer border will be the navy (if I have enough, but I am almost positive that I will have enough). The binding will be the same orange as the inner border. Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Cher said...

I liked this project when you first showed us blocks-good for you to keep at it-I like it better each time I see it Evelyn-way to go!

Hedgehog said...

This is great! How are you making the blocks?

Linda C said...

This is so cool, Evelyn. Making good progress towards completion!

Laurie Ann said...

That's looking really good. I was wondering how it was coming and now I know. I love it! The orange will work well as an inner border.

Bonnie said...

I just love opening someone's blog and seeing a colorful quilt! Nice job - and I think the orange inner border will be just the right touch.

Laurie said...

Evelyn, I like this one. Very unique colors and pattern.

quiltpixie said...

these flowers are turning out wonderfully. I think the orange border will highlight them well too.

Darlene said...

This is such a pretty quilt. Very, very nice.

Saska said...

Cute!Cute! This is a great pattern.

Hanne said...

This is a cheerful eye catching quilt.

Jan Mac said...

This will be a lovely quilt and I like the idea foir borders. When did you find time to get so much done?

Susan said...

Wow, that's fabulous looking, very bright and different.

In response:

You can see how we totally redid the inside of the front part in the last two summers - sofa area last year, dinette this year:

Remodel

I do my CQ at the breakfast bar, the far end you are looking toward in these pics.

Samantha said...

eveyn, these look amazing! LOVE the colors!