Sunday, August 20, 2006
My sister bought a PLAID shower curtain (made of very nice cloth) one day and asked me to make these valances. After a little thought and consideration I finally did figure out how to cut it all apart and then sew the pieces into valances - AND make all the plaids match up... here is the photo the final result! Might I add - I used HER sewing machine (ummm -that would be the sewing machine that she maybe uses 1X a year) with a wobbly pressure foot and an impossible bobbin winder, etc. etc. AND - her ironing method is using a towel on the kitchen counter. Non-quilters don't exactly have the same sewing criterias that quilters do! I also made her another set of curtains (not valances) for her bedroom and those turned out pretty nicely too - but I didn't take a photo. Anyway, just another snippet of some of the projects I've been working on - here and there.