Thursday, December 14, 2006

December Days

















Look at this cute little car - it is a car with a moped motor and has moped license plates - and is only allowed to go 40 km (which is about 30 mph). It can't go on the highways, but is great for the inner city - especially when it comes to parking. We saw this car today at Ikea - not sure WHAT the owner thought he was going to buy... a lightbulb maybe? Ha, ha - when I had a little Geo Tracker my Mom would call it my "Budget Mobile" because I never could buy anything big! Small cars are common over here, but this is the first time I've seen one this small - Little Boy declared it "just my size"!

A nice thing about Ikea over here is that they have a wonderful play room for children over the age of 3... It wasn't too busy there today so we left Little Boy to play for a bit... they give you a phone and call you if you are needed, phew. I think I was a bit more worried about the whole thing than my son was, but he did wonderfully well and played happily for over 1/2 an hour before they called me - he was starting to miss his Momma! And - he had so much fun and now knows that Momma will come right back - that he wants to go again another day. I did manage to get a cabinet that I went for... but didn't manage to get Christmas napkins - hence the Valentine's Day napkins in the next photo...

We had fondu tonight... it is our lazy dinner as we buy many different little prepared salads... tonight we had egg salad, wurst salad (think bologna salad here?), curry carrot salad, tuna, and mixed veggie/mayo salad with green salad, bread, pickles... and horseradish sauce for dipping the pork/chicken into - yummy! The salads make great snacks/suppers during the week. We usually do fondu every Friday night in the winter, but are thinking about going to town tomorrow to enjoy the Christmas market so we had it tonight instead. We won't have fondu next Friday because we are having a big Christmas fondu.






My snail's progress - 20 blocks with just 1 more set of light triangles to add to each edge! So they are growing - around and around we go! I think Snail's Trail is a wonderful scrap block too - maybe in the spring I will buy a bunch of spring-y fat quarters and a fun light print and make a Snail quilt. Just remember - always keep the dark in the top left when adding a dark.






About this photo, I had a fun thought today when looking down into my shiny, glittery pin box - wouldn't it be neat if they made "seasonal" pins - like oranges and black for Halloween, reds and greens for Christmas, reds and pinks for Valentine's day...


A final note: I am a Beta Blogger as of last night. My blog seems to have switched over fairly well intact, except many of the previous comments have lost the author information and are now just showing as anonymous. I had to switch because all of a sudden I wasn't able to leave comments myself anymore and that was frustrating. Then, it took me a while to figure out that my "User Name" is no longer the user name I've always used - but rather it is my e-mail address... so for anyone else out there who may be having trouble signing in to the new Beta - try using your e-mail address instead of user name and see if that works.

9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Neat car.... When I was in germany, I saw a car that had its door (Yes, it only had 1 door) where our engines are located....

Melanie said...

Love the snails pieces.... Cute car... Looks like it should be a Barbie Car or something.....

floribunda said...

aha -- good tip about how to leave blogger comments! I have been having trouble for days. Those snails are looking great, by the way.

Sweet P said...

What a cute car, not one I would buy, but cute anyway.

I like Ikea stores. It's a shame I have to drive 2 hours to go to one.

Holiday colored pins . . . what a great idea.

Hanne said...

Welcome over to beta. One more thing you need to do to be replyable to all again and not a noreply person is to check that you have a visible email address. You had that before but beta changed it. Go to your profile, edit your profile, check visible email, save.
The more I see your snail trails I want to do a snail trail quilt.
We have those small cars here. They are cute and easy to park.

Susan said...

That car is so cute, but you are right - it would definitely control the budget! Your little guy looks so adorable next to it, though.

The snail's trail looks great in those colors. I can hardly wait to see the whole thing finished!

Clare said...

Those cars are popular in France. I call them "sans" permis" cars. Yo udon't need a driving licence to drive them. It's amazing how many people drive them and I loathe getting stuck behind. Saw one being driven the other day and there were 2 people in the car!!!! IKEA - oh sshhhhhh.

Helen in the UK said...

The snail trails are coming along well. Congrats on swapping to beta :)

Shelina said...

Wen I was in middle school - around 10 years old, we used to walk 2 miles to school, and I used to dream about a little car like that that I could drive myself back and forth to school. They made it too late!
I really like fondue, but don't do it very often around ere.