Thursday, April 26, 2007

Change of Scenery






My sister invited Little Boy and me to NH for a little get-away. The 1st day was great and our 2 boys (plus the dog!) had a great time playing in the snow. Then - that storm that hit the east coast last week set in and we had lots of rain! Still, we had a good time... took a drive to see the washed out roads (yikes)!, went for a walk in the rain to check out the waterfalls, brought the boys to the library... oh - and had 2 very nice soaks in the jacuzzi. The boys were super excited when they saw deer outside the window one morning (pawing at the snow to get at my sister's oregeno bush, no doubt! Also - some photos of sap buckets... I like the old fashioned ones, but took a photo of the other method too as I had never seen it before - tubes running along the trees and dispensing into 1 big tub. Interesting. Maybe some day I will make it into one of the sugar houses when they have an open house!























2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I went to college in VT (100 yrs. ago)and am accustomed to the old fashioned sap collection method-- have never seen the new-fangled way. Progress? Hmmm. Waterfalls are gorgeous.

Laurie Ann said...

Sounds fun! Looks like you got a candid picture of that deer urinating. :) :)