Friday, August 01, 2008

And that was July































What ever did happen to July anyway! Well, LB and I made that trip to Cape Cod - so minus 1 week out of the month right off the bat! We went shopping 2X (mind you - it takes 3 hours each way to go shopping). We aren't huge shoppers so I really had thought 1X would be enough, but well... you see... the 1st trip seems like my sewing thread was "accidentally thrown" out of the shopping cart and I never noticed and then somehow my new sneakers were switched to a color that LB liked better (without me noticing and then when I got them home - they weren't even the correct size - I haven't had new sneakers since he was born so you can imagine how much I really wanted new sneakers that FIT!). So - another trip was in order, but I was able to combine it with some business errands. Actually, the 2nd trip I had thought we would spend the night, but I've done such a good job teaching my son to shop with a list that as soon as we got everything checked off - he wanted to high tail it right back home. To tell you the truth, I was just as happy to return home. I had thought we would go do something else, but it was raining so might as well return home and save outside activities for another day (which is why I never really tell him the schedule in the 1st place because - things change). The 2 of us also made 1 of our weekly meat runs, maybe 2 - and that takes about 4 1/2 hours round trip. It just seems like we spent a fair bit of time on the road. LB doesn't mind being on the road, he straps in and is perfectly content to tag along with Momma. It is a bit amazing really because when he isn't strapped into a seat belt he is constant motion and you would really think that he never sat still.







My work schedule has been very busy but I really try hard to schedule in some fun time too. We kicked off July with a lovely community party for Canada Day especially for the kids. LB really had fun at that - it even included a bike parade that he managed to keep up with! My quilting group had a very successful show and then we had a lovely potluck at one of the members houses a few days later. Here is a photo collage of some of the quilts - these were all hand-quilted! And yes, some of those quilts are cross-stitched! We also had lots of other needlecrafts and I just loved the knit doll - she is so sweet! Some of the members made up flower arrangements as decorations from flowers in bloom and this is one of them that I liked in particular.
*
LB and I enjoyed a trip to a pool on a warm day and we often go down to the beach around 4 o'clock in the afternoon to walk, splash and look for seaglass. 1 Saturday I actually remembered to walk down to the Farmer's Market before it was over and that was nice. We've made brownies and cakes and some craft projects along the way too. Oh, and I had to SEW the couch cover back together, plus a pair of LB's pants when they met with a pair of scissors in little hands. Always seems to be a bit of mischief underfoot. I tell you - that craft supply bucket needs constant supervision!
*
The flowers that we worked so hard on this spring are in full bloom and don't need much tending to at all. Now - if we could just get 1 tomato ripe! We also went to visit someone else's garden to gather ideas for our garden for next year. One of our neighbors has offered us lily of the valley, irises and something else from her garden for next year!
*
These flowers amuse me because late in the afternoon they fold their petals down flat - see?
*I can't really think of anything extra exciting - the days just seem to roll by on a breath of summer wind.
*
Sewing wise - I did up 12 crazy stitched blocks, pieced my dresden blades into circles and have been working on that Rainbow Trip Around the World I posted about last time. Again, nothing extra exciting, just continuing onward and making small bits and pieces of progress. It is times like this (when it seems like nothing is getting done) that I especially like getting quilted quilts back from the longarm quilter(s)!. I already showed you my scrappy pinwheel, and here are 4 more (I think I have 2 more left to photo) - all these need binding so I guess binding should go on the schedule at some point in time for August/September. You've seen photos of these along the way, but now they are quilted. A few close-ups of the quilting too - the back would be for Shakespear in the Park.






















All around a fairly nice month with fairly nice weather - nothing extra special but still nice. The days just seem to meld one into another right now. And there really isn't anything wrong with that - no one is sick and all is well.... And on that nice note - here is a photo of an unexpected treat a neighbor dropped off for me - freshly baked scones with homemade jelly. I was so happy that I sat right down and had one - then I came to my senses and went looking for my camera to take a photo before they were all gone!

1 comment:

bingo~bonnie said...

What a great recap of yours and LB's month. You must write notes to keep track or you have a great memory! ;) Happy Weekend & Love from Texas! ~bonnie