It is hard to believe that I started this quilt the end of November, 2009. I was in Austria and my husband had just come home from the hospital after having a 6.6 pound cancerous tumor removed. It seems like a lifetime ago. DH continues to be in good health and life continues to be busy, and this quilt top got put by the wayside.
I stopped working on it in Austria because I wanted 1 more row of blocks for extra length... and all my fabric was in Canada. I really like my toes to be covered! So, it got packed up and moved back here with me last summer, but I arrived at the height of my busy season and hit the ground running. I had thought for sure that I would be able to work on them in the fall, but you may remember I had a flood in my house and the fall was spent doing renovation work. Ah, incidentally - these blocks are laid out on my new maple floor! And then it was heading into winter and I was on the Cape.
But it is a rainy day in early June now - can't scrape paint, work on the windows or in the garden. So, I got it all out last night and proceeded to start making a big mess! I guess that is how a quilt will eventually get finished - a little bit at a time. But - I am on a mission to get wrapped up so I can get re-organized.
Sewing takes up so much room! Unlike my small little knitting bag that always seems to have a pair of socks on the go tucked in there. I have knit quiet a few pairs of socks over the past winter... here is the latest pair that just came off the needles - 100% pure merino wool and oh, so soft! The skein is a bit on the short side so I buy 3 - 2 in the main color, one for the stripes and the toes once the main color runs out. These are my very favorite method K2, P2 for 2" and then switch to K3, P1 - rib all the way down to the toe. The K3, P1 works up waaaay faster than K2, P2 all the way. Trust me!