Wednesday, August 22, 2012

On the Water

He has that DNA genetics in his blood - happiest out on the water.   The story is that my grandfather had the fastest boat in harbor back in the day, and that is how he caught my grandmother's eye (in the late 1800's).  Lots of fishermen in my family too.  I guess that is what happens when you grow up on the water.  My little wharf rat.   I love it that he is standing on the stool rung to see.  These are the kinds of photos that make you smile in the years to come.  Heading 120 degrees just to the left of the red buoy coming into the harbor.  "Red, Right, Return" (keep the red buoy on the right hand side when returning to the harbor).  I am full of little sayings like this.

My little captain.  Not even phased by the other boat traffic in the area.  He is happy.  That makes me happy.

2 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

You're making good memories - keep it up. Your son looks quite tall for his age - is he?

catherine said...

Hi, I am French, just read your post on Mabel while looking on Google what I could find about this Elna (cream with the top light green). I am looking for a manual. Please could you help me to find one. Thanks. Catherine

If my message reaches you, please answer on my mail, I am 70 years old, not used to go on forums, Facebook etc.
c.d.couvreur@gmail.com