Monday, November 23, 2015

Legos for Christmas




2 weeks ago we had to go out to the shopping center to get something. On a Saturday. Headed into Christmas. And if you think USA stores are busy, try Austria where all the stores are closed on Sundays!

If you know me, you know I hate crowded shopping centers. Which is exactly why I usually have all my shopping done and everything wrapped by the 1st week of November. IF I want to add something more, I can...but no stress if I go shopping again, or don't. My DH thinks this is a bit funny of me, but over the years he has learned just how very stressed I become if I wait too long. Can we say panic attack in a crowded store? So, I know what bothers me...and avoid it.

But, School Boy needed something for school and he has a tight schedule, which meant we headed out shopping on a Saturday. We went early in the morning...to get a parking spot.

The stores were loaded up with toys, games, Playmobile...and stacks and stacks of Lego sets. Everywhere I looked - Leo's.  It was actually a pretty amazing sight.  The most wished for items tend to sell out fast. But, happily, it is not something I have to worry about. I am all done with Christmas shopping.


We went in a car provided by our Auto Club.
My car broke down, sigh. 80 km from home. But the Auto Club came right away...towed the car to a home garage...and gave us this car for a few days. It was super nice to have, but sadly we had to give it back.

But I am not worried. We live in a city and can get around by walking, biking or public transportation for now. And, I already have ALL my Christmas shopping done. So, no stress. I was able even score a most wanted Lego set late in October. Phew!

2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I understand wanting to get the shopping done early and avoiding the crowd and mad rush. I wait for the sales, and sometimes the displays are fun to look at too, as you saw. Plus, if I asked most of the people I buy for what they wanted, by the time Christmas came around, they would already have bought the thing for themselves. They are not patient people to wait that long.

{Geo}Holly said...

Oh wow. What a fun store. I'm with you - I like to get my shopping done early.