Saturday, September 09, 2006

Octagon Flowers Quilt is DONE!!!













Or at least - ready to send out to be long-arm quilted! 56.5" X 79" - at least I think that is the final measurement - I forget just about any figure as soon as I put down the measuring tape.

And here is a photo of the extra fabrics I had to buy to add to the original blocks I started in Austria during the winter. I only bought 1/4 yard lengths of each and had just enough, with a TINY bit left over for the scrap bin. Plus I had to buy the orange inner border and the navy (with little sparklies) to tie it all together. Amazing that such a little bit of fabric can be made into something so neat! A pile of fabrics equals unlimited possibilities!

I am happy, happy, happy! Check out my August 23rd post if you missed my step-by-step directions on how I made these! Too fun. And, I've seen a few photos popping up here and there in blog land of new flowers and some oldie, but goodies too - it is always nice to post something and then see other people's versions!!!











25 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

A great quilt. Is it a keeper or a giver away? Any more progress on your 9 patches?

Hedgehog said...

It looks gorgeous, Evelyn - bravo!

May Britt said...

WOW....this quilt is so beautiful. Have to look up your directions for it.

sewprimitive karen said...

It's so pretty, Evelyn, definitely must add to the Want to Make list.

Sweet P said...

Beautiful quilt! I've been thinking about making some of those blocks.

Linda C said...

Happy Dancing for you, Evelyn! Well done!

Samantha said...

LOVE it! I'll have to get mine quilted soon, too...

Granny said...

I love how this turned out. I think I'm going to add one to my list of things to do.

Judy L.

Nancy said...

Your Octagon Flowers is just wonderful! I love the way it turned out and will probably be using some of my strips to do one myself.

Cher said...

I love how this turned out Evelyn! great job in choosing those colors for the borders as well. What a great quilt this will be to have back all quilted and ready to snuggle under.

ForestJane said...

That looks great! Now I'm starting to wonder how it'd look in... say... pinks and oranges and yellows on a green leafy background...

*thinking*

Darlene said...

I just discovered your blog and all of your quilts are beautiful. I'll be back to visit on a very regular basis!

Inga said...

Very nice quilt! You've done wonderful work.

Inga

Melanie said...

Congrats on your completion. It's just beautiful.Will you be going back to Austria soon?
Melanie

Laurie said...

You forget a measurement as soon as you put down the tape? Geez, I thought I was the only one who did that!!

I really like the quilt. Very intricate and bright!

Gail said...

That turned out very well- a real WOW!!! qult.

quiltpixie said...

you inspired me to haul out my triangle ruller and give them a try...

KC Quilter said...

Wow, that is really a striking quilt!!! Great job.

dot said...

Very nice, You are so creative and I love your color choices.

Fiona said...

Very pretty, reminds me of those glass millefiori flowers you get in Italy.

Patti said...

Turned out beautifully Evelyn! How is your longarmer going to quilt it? I think concentric circles or spirals in each flower would look really neat!

Elaine Adair said...

OH gosh - just when I think I'm making progress on my current project, another pops up that is irresistible. Your Octogon is great! And I've made at least 6 of them myself - just want to make MORE!

Oh yeah .. and there are all thos (80) 9-patches I was given at the Guild Guild - have to do something with those too! Thanks for the photos of yours.

Hanne said...

Your octagon flowers looks smashing good :-)

Tazzie said...

Just a lovely quilt, lots of fun to look at!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Mary Johnson said...

I like how the blue pulled it all together. I wasn't loving all the colors when I just saw the blocks but it looks great now.