Saturday, September 09, 2006
Octagon Flowers Quilt is DONE!!!
Or at least - ready to send out to be long-arm quilted! 56.5" X 79" - at least I think that is the final measurement - I forget just about any figure as soon as I put down the measuring tape.
And here is a photo of the extra fabrics I had to buy to add to the original blocks I started in Austria during the winter. I only bought 1/4 yard lengths of each and had just enough, with a TINY bit left over for the scrap bin. Plus I had to buy the orange inner border and the navy (with little sparklies) to tie it all together. Amazing that such a little bit of fabric can be made into something so neat! A pile of fabrics equals unlimited possibilities!
I am happy, happy, happy! Check out my August 23rd post if you missed my step-by-step directions on how I made these! Too fun. And, I've seen a few photos popping up here and there in blog land of new flowers and some oldie, but goodies too - it is always nice to post something and then see other people's versions!!!