Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Color Choices


Please help me with a color decision here...
*
I've got the 12 blocks finished!!! Now the hard part - deciding on the sashing color...
*
So - here are the choices:
*
A. If I use yellow, the outside border will be purple.
*
B. Choice A, but also adding a 1" border of black around each block for added definition.
*
C. If I use purple then I will add a narrow yellow inner border and a wide outer border of a different purple print.
*
Recognize the purple? It is the left over fabric from doing my purple strings! And the yellow is left over from what I need for a backing for my Bargello. So either way - it means I don't have to buy any new fabric!
*
BUT - I am frozen by indecision here as I like both colorways equally. So please add your 2 cents here... A, B, C or something different. THANK YOU!!!!

15 comments:

Laurie said...

GOSH Evelyn, I like them both as well...but at first the yellow sashing didn't grab me. BUT...as I stared at both options, I kinda think I like the yellow WITHOUT putting any border around the blocks...my reason is that I like the way the blocks look like they are floating in mid-air! BUT...option B is very bold as well and the whole blocks POP. Hmmmm...I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I'll choose Option A.

Good luck with it!
Hugs
Laurie

Elaine Adair said...

IMHO -- if you are going to artistic, do A. If you are going for cozy, B. Simple, right? LOL, from a woman who can NEVER decide!!!

It's amazing how the two options make TOTALLY different quilts!

Doodlebug Gail said...

I'm not a YELLOW person so I'm going with option C. I can however see how the black border and the yellow will work - those blocks will just pop out at you with the black border.

Joyce said...

I love blue so I'd probably go that way but yellow with the black aronud the blocks would look amazing too.

The Calico Cat said...

I'd have to vote for C. (A seems to be too overwhelming.)

Laurie Ann said...

I like C the best. Can't wait to see what you decide. :)

Leah Spencer said...

C!
C!
C!

Uh, yeah. Yellow overwhelms and blends. Is that possible? :)

doni said...

Gotta vote "B"! It makes it shine to my eyes!

Great work!

Holly said...

I happen to like idea "A" but both fabrics are striking so you can't go wrong either way.

dot said...

well, seeing the pictures I would choose the purple which would be c. But reading your text I am leaning towards B. Whatever you decide will be nice.

Susan said...

My theory is that yellow should be used in small doses, so I like the purple. I can't really visualize B. I'm sure whichever you choose will be great, because I always like your quilts.

Shirley said...

I pick C #1 B #2 Too much yellow scares me. Love purple.

Anonymous said...

I like the purple!

Rebecca

Mary Johnson said...

My choice is definitely C.

Donna said...

I love the block pattern! Where did you find it?