Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Orange Bear




Orange is Little Boy's favorite color. This bear was specially made for him, in yarn that he picked out, complete with... an orange bow!
We went into a yarn shop awhile ago... and on display was a darling little felted teddy bear, a brown one. Oh how Little Boy wanted that bear - but it was not for sale. However, the very nice lady at the shop offered to knit him his very own and he right away understood what that meant - he could pick out his own yarn color, hence orange! Clever boy.
In due time the bear was finished and I picked it up a few weeks ago when I was in the area. The lady asked me if I would mind taking a photo of Little Boy with his new bear... I am happy she did because these are some of the best Christmas photos of him this year. Now that the festivutues of Christmas is over (we have had a wonderful 2 days) we will go to the hardware store today or tomorrow to get these printed to mail to family, friends and of course, the lady who knitted the bear.

He is sitting in a rocking chair that has been in my family for just about forever. I am happy that I took photos of him in it this year because it looks like he is just about growing out of it! Yes, he is wearing orange socks. And yes, if you look closely at my tree ornaments you will see a little strawberry pin cushion!












9 comments:

Melanie said...

Both my kids have their own rocking chairs--- just their size. I've got them tucked away for grandkids one day.

dot said...

What a lucky boy. Orange is my favorite color so I am a bit jealous. He looks so happy with his orange bear. What a treasure.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh my, lucky little boy! He looks so content with his new bear. What a lovely story - I'm sure that "orange bear" will get lots of love and hugs for many years to come. Happy Christmas to you all.

Silverthimble said...

Orange is such a happy colour and is well suited to your son! Great pictures! Merry Christmas and all the best to you and your family this season!

Laurie said...

what fun pics...thanks for sharing
hugs
laurie

Mary Johnson said...

Well that's a very special and unique bear - how nice that he got one in his favorite color.

The new quilt looks great too. I have that book but can't picture the quilt offhand - I'll have to take a look at it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Treasured photos to be sure. I "spy" your precious pin cushion, too! This little boy of yours has stolen my heart. Happy New Year, dear ones!

Patti said...

A very cute little guy holding a perfect, cute orange bear! What a nice lady. And you are so right - these pictures turned out marvelously.

So glad your DH was able to come. I'm sure you both really miss him when you can't be together.

Anonymous said...

thatis a cool story, (about the bear) and it turned out great!