Friday, October 16, 2015

Knitting Stripped Socks

I started this sock earlier this week. It is finished and I have started on the 2nd sock. I was inspired to use 2 yarns by this blog post over on Polka Dot Chicken

I had just finished this pair of socks and didn't love love the pattern.


So, I thought knitting stripped socks, 1 skein variegated,  1 skein solid would be a nice change of pace. I did a "jogless" join, but I think it looks more like a slipped stitch. Not sure I would do it again, but I am already committed on this pair.

Before I started these socks, I finished this sock.  It was started and in my sock bag...and I wanted the needles, so I finished it.

However, I can not find the 2nd ball of yarn anywhere? Maybe it is not even in this country! So I did not close off the toe in case I have to rip it back to the cuff. I can make a solid foot. Then take the yarn I rip out to make a 2nd matching sock...variegated on top, solid on bottom. But, I really hate ripping out perfectly good work and the missing yarn will probably show up right after I rip! So, I used safety pins to hold the stitches, got my needles and have been working on other socks.

To see what everyone else is knitting, take a look over at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

{Geo}Holly said...

I love the socks you make. I still have the book and needles I purchased (inspired by you) to make socks but haven't attempted it yet. It's still my dream to learn how to make some but it must wait a while longer.