Thursday, February 21, 2008
Heart Blocks progress
Well, I think I am out of fabric!!! Oh, no, no, no - not fabric entirely, silly - I am just out of the batik fabric that Susan sent to me! I got 67 6.5" hearts altogether and saved all the larger triangles from trimming and made the other little units. So, this is what it looks like - all laid out on the floor set 8X8. I put the odd 3 hearts in the corners - the 4th corner is a HST segment. It won't be the final layout - NOT that this is bad - but I already know that if I do this setting it will be 1 row narrower in order to get extra length. The batik fabric is so pretty I am thinking of a simple setting should be used... maybe sashing each heart with more batiks. I have to buy fabric to finish it off anyway! I could get some more colors and then alternate them around. That plan would definately help "grow" the top some more! That's the thing about being tall - you like your quilts a little longer!!! Soooo.... I've reached a stopping point until I get more fabric!