The final step for me in piecing a top is a good final pressing! Nothing presses seams flatter than my good old Elna press from 1969 - it is heavy and gets hot! Usually I press individual blocks, but this quilt is so little I just did it all at once. This press has a tiny key that goes on top to unlock the unit and we lost it. But you know what - the store that originally sold this machine to the previous owner (who is now dead, which is how I got the machine) is still there (that is Austria for you - stores stay forever!) and the man had a key. So, I am back in pressing business. I have also lost my little spray bottle - no problem - my iron has a sprayer so 1st I spray with the iron and then press. I use that speghetti jar for my iron water. Pressing does not distort your fabric like ironing will. And yes, I know you aren't supposed to spray your blocks with water, but I do anyway! And if they are a bit wonky - a little spray starch and a tiny tug usually fixes them right up. Shhhh.
See that blue fabric on the ironing board? It has a tiny pink design on it. Well - a few weeks ago Omi was here and somehow or another our house became the dropping off spot for things to go to Goodwill. She left several bags of stuff. I snagged that fabric right off - it is from a skirt. I am happy to use it for the backing and binding for this little doll quilt because this quilt is going to Omi's great-grand daughter. I also set aside a few sweaters to cut up into mittens. I could have taken lots of things, but I don't like to clutter up my space so I just took a few things that I thought would entertain me with their fabric in a timely fashion without stock piling "stuff". Ohhh, but one sweater is a well-worn cashmere sweater, but still has some very usuable parts! Score.
Anyway, Doll Quilt #3 is now throughly pressed and basted - ready for hand quilting. Doll Quilt #1 and #2 were the same pattern as this one.
Here is a close-up - before pressing! Maybe you can see that I did not have enough of any one fabric for the tan setting triangles so I used 3 different ones that are all similar. Yup - using up little itty bitty scraps in my scrap bin! Each block is 5.25" finished.