Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Fall Bulbs




















Planting the fall bulbs turned out to be such a successful activity that I think I will have to go buy some more before it gets really cold! Little Boy dug just about every single hole with that handy-dandy bulb hole digger/twisty-turny thing I bought. I am not sure, but I think we planted about 6 bags total - tulips and daffadils.

About his jacket ... I love this jacket because it has an elastic waist and comes down in the back - it is a nice, warm jacket from LL Bean. And it fits him - well except the sleeves! I am hoping to get one more year out of it... but you can see that the sleeves are a bit on the short side. Sooo - I am going to try making fleece mittens that will come up the arm a bit and velcro over the arm band of the jacket sleeve? Something like that anyway. OR - I can take apart the cuff and put on a longer one... but before I start that - I have to make sure I can get some suitable cuff material at the fabric store... maybe even heavy fleece if they don't have the ribbing. I'm thinking I like the long mitten idea... we will have to experiment a bit!

9 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Nice to have a helper in the garden. Enjoy!!

Nancy said...

That's a nice little helper you have there! I wish I had someone to dig all my holes for me.

Melanie said...

I remember when my kids were little, I loved Land's end snow suits and PJs. They were the best... Good memories...
Melanie

Joyce said...

Cute little helper you have. I used to make mittens for my kids all the time because they lost so many that I couldn't afford to buy them! They are pretty easy to do and the long cuff is great. I did them all the time. One of them even had me make fake fur ones for her kindergarten teacher who was a nun. She looked a bit strange in white fur mittens but they must have been warm because she actually wore them.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it looks like he had a great time! Won't he be excited next spring when the flowers come up!

Hanne said...

What a lovely activity :-)
I vote for making the arm longer and I think you can do it quite easy with store bought pre-quilted fabric or fleece.
Fleece mittens are also great - maybe you can make matching mittens ?

Anonymous said...

When do you go back to Austria? (Will you be in Canada to see the fruits of your labor?)

ForestJane said...

Ohhh, your yard is going to be beautiful come spring. Better start planning a spring floral quilt to match... lol

The mitten idea should work, or buy some nylon in blue and use it to trim around both the hood, and bottom, then sneakily make quilted cuffs to match. :)

Or you could buy that ribbing stuff people make fleece sweatshirts with, tack that to the inside of the arms.

dot said...

The little boy has grown so much. You are going to have to start calling him little man. You certaily are going to have beautiful flowers come spring. I look forward to the picture.