Saturday, November 18, 2006

My 1st tower!











Sonnet Collection, by Moda! Look at all those fabrics - aren't they yummy! They are in the dryer right now, as I am typing this. I still have to get some background fabric, but here is my start on Gratitudes... Many of the prints are large, but I think it will work out together. And, I will definately have enough left over to do a 2nd quilt, maybe even a 3rd. Ohhhh, the possibilities!!!

That is my big quilt-y news for the day. I don't have tons of time for sewing lately so I've been sticking to some little projects to keep me entertained, while I put together some fabrics, pattern ideas for when I do have time to quilt. Oh - and the American Girl doll - I didn't buy it, it is one of my nieces!

13 comments:

Darlene said...

Your first fat quarter TOWER - woohoo! And, you picked a beautiful one - Sonnet. I can't wait to see what you do with all the pretties. Enjoy!

Angie said...

Oh Evelyn, those fabrics are absolutely gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Neat fabrics-- I keep a wish list of quilts I want to do, The Gratitudes quilt is on the list--- I don't know whether it's the pattern, the name or the designers I love better...
Enjoy your weekend--

Anonymous said...

Yummy fabrics, I can't wait to see the Gratitudes quilt coming together!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Melzie said...

very pretty choices I cant wait to see you coming along! xoxo melzie

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is gorgeous! What fun your going to have with that!

Anonymous said...

Yummy fabrics - can't wait to see them showcased in a quilt.

Patti said...

How pretty - I am such a sucker for those fat quarter towers. Now that Moda is doing the 5" charm packs I'm finding I can usually be satisfied with those - thank goodness! Better for the budget and better for the stuffed shelves in my sewing room. Can't wait to see what you do with these!

Anonymous said...

If you get a chance come to my blog and look at the 11-9-06 entry. I know you will come up with something much more wonderful but I thought you might enjoy a peek...have fun

Cher said...

well, so much fun reading all your posts I have been lagging behind on the blog reading ring...love the doll clothes and with a granddaughter..I too am looking forward to that time of special sewing-love the party food sans sugar..you do an awesome job with children, even if you buy fabric softener, not laundry soap! great fabric-looking forward to seeing you dive in and the results...

Hanne said...

Absolutely lovely fabrics. Enjoy using them :-)

Anonymous said...

Are those "oranges?" Very pretty assortment. (I have never purchased a tower before...) I have purchased a tower's worth of fat quarters, but no actual tower... 100 - they were a dollar each & it was my birthday money!

Samantha said...

I had never heard "tower" before today... I feel like such an ignorant quilter!