Saturday, November 25, 2006

Making Mittens











My big crafty accomplishment for the day... making 2 pairs of mittens for my smallest cold-weather New England nieces. I made these mittens with the left-over fleece from Little Boy's bathrobe. They are pretty easy to make and I have a few more pairs yet left to go, but different sizes... sorry, no pattern - that is my own blue construction paper version over on the right side (these are for 2 years and under age group).

I feel like my blog is a bit un-inspiring lately. I have hardly any time these days to do anything except chase after that very busy 3 year old son of mine and by the time I get any "free" time, I usually try to take a rest! Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining by any means - it is wonderful to have a healthy, active, busy child who wants to learn about just about everything and loves to copy - in his own way - what Momma does. This learning/copying bit has led to many mishaps and adventures this past month... all I can say is that if you have a 3 year old, a good sense of humor is important. I just could use a few extra hours in my day right now to get everything done that needs doing! Oh, and a bit more rest would be nice too...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mittens are really cute. Believe me, I raised three little boys and it's definitely a trying experience!
You'll survive. Just enjoy those younger years. He'll be as big as you before you blink.

Anonymous said...

Its hard work to do anything beyond get through the day with a little one -- I'm glad to be past that life stage, but wouldn't encourage anyone to miss it for the world.... :-)

Darcie said...

Your mittens are adorable, Evelyn...sure to keep those little fingers and hands toasty warm.

Your blog could never be uninspiring. It's always a joy to see and hear about yours and Little Boy's adventures and creations! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You are raising a son to be a healthy, happy and productive member of society so how could that be uninspiring? I didn't have that privilege and enjoy hearing what you all are up to!

Are the mittens made with fleece? Look really cozy!

Anonymous said...

Cute cute mittens :-) I love to read your blog - it may be uninspiring to you but not to me!

Shirley said...

When I had a 3 yr old I also had a one yr old. Now thats busy. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. We did

Cher said...

at least you are getting a work out with your young man. It can be quite challenging keeping "ahead" of him I am sure. Your posts are always delightful to read.

Pam said...

Jammies, bathrobes, mittens...there is nothing that will get by you! Mittens are fun to give and fun to personalize...fun buttons around the cuff and everyone knows which mittens belong to who.

Patti said...

What cute, clever little covers for little cold hands!

Shelina said...

I am amazed at how much you get accomplished with a young son. I think I don't have anything to show for my kid years. I know it takes twice as long to do anything with a little one around than it does when they aren't around. Now that my kid is older, it takes twice as long because we have to take turns on the computer!