Monday, November 27, 2006

Why I have a messy car!






































Oh, how very quickly can a nice, little walk turn into - well, an event. Right. These 2 photos illustrate perfectly the reason why I keep a TON of extra clothes in my car - from extra coats, hats, mittens, blanket, towel (usually - had to borrow one from my sister's car today), shoes (yes - shoes), socks... well, you get the idea. That is just the clothing side - let's not forget the water bottles, snacks (sometimes involving the cooler or thermoses), camera, toys, books, sunscreen, bug spray, all that good stuff to boot. Ah well, what is a Momma to do? A big tupperware tote usually keeps things pretty contained with a bit of extra room for the "daily" bag that has to be gone through and refurbished for the next outing. But still, the car usually looks like a tornado has recently hit, even though I try to at least clean out the daily trash!

As you can see, we took advantage of the super-fab weather today (in the mid-60's) and played and played outdoors, changed into dry clothes and played some more (this time away from the water as 2 pairs of shoes in his size is all that I have and sadly he has outgrown his rubber boots and the stores only have snow boots right now). Truly a wonderfully nice time! As a special treat the 2 of us went out to eat at a restaurant for dinner (OK - so it was only 3 pm, but 3 pm is sooo much easier than battling the later dinner crowd and the unpredictable moods of a tired boy). And of course, that little angel went right to sleep tonight after our days adventures (which also included seeing some of the family and going to see a train display, oh - and a trip to the library too. Yup, guess you could say I tuckered him out!

And, thanks for all the kind words of encouragement, you guys are all so sweet and your kind comments sure do my heart alot of good. I have had hardly ANY time at all to read your blogs lately, but some cold, snowy, winter day in the near future I will get all caught up with your doings....maybe (one can hope anyway!).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute photos... They remind me of my kids, when they were that age... Thanks !
Smiles,
NADINE.

Gail said...

Oh I remember that age, and my son is now going through it with his 3 yr old son. Its worth the messy car!

Anonymous said...

ahhh clothes -- of course you wear them wading it'd be too cold without! :-)

Joyce said...

Been there. Done that. And it was great. I miss those days a lot but I do get more sewing done now.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the moments--- they fly by so fast...We're not going anywhere.

Pam said...

Down the road of time, you will not regret one messy car, one wet set of clothing, one soggy shoe. You are giving Little Boy a lifetime of memory building experiences and giving yourself a lifetime of memory treasures. What a great pair the two of you are!

Tracey in CT said...

I know where you are coming from...I have a 3 year old boy myself, and it is a challenging thing to deal with at times! I'm glad to hear that my car is not the only one that looks like a tornado has hit it!

Anonymous said...

It is always amazing to me what a great mother you are to your little boy. It is so much more important to spend time with him on these adventures than to quilt or read blogs. Keep up the good work. The world needs more mothers like you.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photos!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the mess in the car is so worth these memories you are making for him. Just look at him in those pictures! It makes me wish I could turn back time and take my teenagers and make them little like this again. Oh what fun he is having!