My niece is making this quilt and I was helping her square it up and put the borders on yesterday. It looks a bit uneven in this photo, but it really isn't. We measure the border through the middle and then move it out to the end to bring in any uneven-ness. Because of the pattern it did want to "grow" a bit at the edges, but we fixed that. It is a BIG quilt - covers her king sized bed.
A close-up of her fabrics.
She got the basis for her pattern out of this magazine - there is a wall hanging in here that she "grew". I think it is a great pattern to feature a large scale print.
We got the borders entirely attached yesterday and now she is on to making a pieced back for the backing. Isn't it pretty!